Robinson & Robinson, LLP, is focused on delivering exceptional results for you and your business.
Jeffrey A. Robinson
His work has covered a wide variety of clients, issues and industries, including: contract disputes, breach of warranty claims, fraud claims, commercial lease matters, eminent domain, receiverships, insurance disputes, regulatory challenges, partnership disputes, corporate governance issues, real property matters and many others. Mr. Robinson also assists clients with out-of-court dispute resolution. Mr. Robinson advises clients on pre-litigation disputes, commercial contracts, and commercial business transactions.
Mr. Robinson is a native of California and has lived in Orange County for more than 25 years. Prior to founding Robinson & Robinson, LLP, Mr. Robinson had extensive experience working for one of the nation's largest law firms, as well as an Orange County litigation boutique, his own law practice, and prominent law clerkships.
Mr. Robinson graduated first in his law school class (J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University) in 1983. From 1983-1984, he worked as a law clerk for Judge Malcolm R. Wilkey of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit at a time when that court issued opinions in such diverse and complex matters as Laker Airways Ltd. v. Sabena, Belgian World Airlines, (1984) 731 F. 2d 909 (international anti-suit injunction); Mendaro v. The World Bank (1983) 717 F. 2d 610 (immunity of World Bank from harassment lawsuits); Victor Broadcasting, Inc. v. FCC (dissent), (1983) 722 F. 2d 756 (FCC license renewal), Ramirez v. Weinberger, (1984) 725 F. 2d 1500 (foreign taking of US citizen's property); Glass Packaging Institute v. Regan, (1984) 737 F. 2d 1083; National Ass'n of Regulatory Utility Commissioners v. FCC & USA, (1984) 737 F. 2d 1095 (interstate telephone regulation). From 1985 to 1987, Mr. Robinson served as legal adviser to Judge Charles N. Brower at the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands. During this time, the Tribunal heard and resolved numerous cases involving international contract disputes.
Mr. Robinson worked with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher in Washington, D.C. and Newport Beach, California from 1984-1985, 1987-1990. He worked on various transactional and litigation matters, including the legal issues surrounding the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill, and challenges to state regulation of commercial milk pricing. Recruited to join a litigation boutique law firm in Irvine, (Chapman, Fuller & Bollard, where he became a partner in 1992), Mr. Robinson handled commercial litigation and arbitration matters.
Mr. Robinson worked in sole practice (1993-1997) before co-founding Robinson & Robinson, LLP in 1997. He has worked on various published cases, including Snyder & Associates v. United States (9th Cir. 2017) 859 F.3d 1152 (Federal Tort Claims Act lawsuit against IRS); Snyder & Associates v. United States (U.S. Ct. Fed. Claims 2017) 133 Fed. Cl. 120 (unconstitutional taking of property; contract claim against U.S. government; settled while on appeal); Rebmann v. Rohde (2011), 196 Cal. App. 4th 1283 (enforcement of arbitration award); Wong v. Thomas Bros. Restaurant Corp., (1994) 840 F. Supp. 727 (defense of employer sued by former employee for alleged securities fraud arising out of stock buy-back agreement); Golden Cheese Co. of California v. Voss, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 547 (challenge to regulation of wholesale minimum milk prices); Golden Cheese Co. of California, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 727 (inverse condemnation by regulation).
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. – 1983
- Honors: Graduated First In His Law School Class
- Honors: Recipient of the John Welch Legal Writing Award
- Honors: J. Reuben Clark Scholar
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Member and Lead Articles Editor, BYU Law Review
- University of Utah
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: English
Trial Advocacy Skills from the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Diploma, Trial Advocacy Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), 1989
- Luke v. Sonoma County, 43 Cal.App.5th 301 (2019) (challenge to adoption of public pension increase)
- Snyder & Associates v. United States (9th Cir. 2017) 859 F.3d 1152 (Federal Tort Claims Act lawsuit against IRS)
- Snyder & Associates v. United States (U.S. Ct. Fed. Claims 2017) 133 Fed. Cl. 120 (unconstitutional taking of property; contract claim against U.S. government; settled while on appeal)
- Rebmann v. Rohde (2011), 196 Cal. App. 4th 1283 (enforcement of arbitration award)
- Wong v. Thomas Bros. Restaurant Corp., (1994) 840 F. Supp. 727 (defense of employer sued by former employee for alleged securities fraud arising out of stock buy-back agreement)
- Golden Cheese Co. of California v. Voss, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 547 (challenge to regulation of wholesale minimum milk prices)
- Golden Cheese Co. of California, (1991) 230 Cal. App. 3d 727 (inverse condemnation by regulation)
- Business Litigation
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. District Courts in California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Judge Malcolm R. Wilkey of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, Law Clerk
- Judge Charles N. Brower at the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands, Legal Assistant
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher in Washington, D.C. and Newport Beach, California from 1984-1985, 1987-1990, Associate
- Chapman, Fuller & Bollard, Associate & Partner, 1991 to 1993
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
The firm’s senior attorneys have received the prestigious Martindale-Hubble “AV-Preeminent” ranking. According to “Martindaleratings.com,” an “AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating is an outstanding achievement and demonstrates that a lawyer has earned the highest rating available for their legal ability and professional ethics.
What Our Clients Say
I highly recommend Robinson & Robinson to any business owners looking for a legal team to help them grow their business operations.
Larry Sommerfield, President Direct Media Communications, Inc. & Founder/Former President Horizon West Financial, Inc.
From drafting contracts for the sale of our business, and our new business, the group of lawyers at Jeff’s firm have been exceptional.
Nick Kosareff, RN, President/Founder @ Young At Heart Senior Placement
Robinson & Robinson provides the exceptional legal advice, clarity, and peace of mind we look for in a relationship with our attorneys.
Jim Graham, Greenberg/Graham Advisors LLC