The Firm’s Litigation Practice
Robinson & Robinson, LLP handles a broad range of business and real estate litigation. We represent clients in both state and federal courts for trial and appellate matters. Our litigation practice concentrates in Southern California. Our focus is on the needs of the client; we take action in whatever court or forum will best suit the client’s needs.
Our partners are admitted to practice in state and federal courts in California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. When needed, our lawyers make special appearances in other jurisdictions, and have done so in state or federal courts in Arizona, New York, New Jersey and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
We handle most types of commercial disputes, contract disputes, fraud claims, internal business disputes, real estate litigation, and business-related trials and appeals.
The Firm’s litigation practice includes handling claims before lawsuits are filed; representing plaintiffs and defendants through trial; alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation; arbitration, appeal, and post-judgment collections.
We have handled many different types of business-related lawsuits, including a full spectrum of commercial matters, numerous internal business disputes, real estate issues, and appeals.
Specific types of cases handled by attorneys of Robinson & Robinson, LLP include:
- Breach of Contract—claims and defenses
- Breach of Warranty—express, implied, UCC (Uniform Commercial Code)
- Business and Asset Purchase and Sale Agreements—interpretation and enforcement
- California Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CRLA)—defense; negotiation of out-of-court settlements
- Commercial Collection claims—prosecution and defense
- Construction Claims and Disputes
- Contract disputes—negotiation and resolution out of court
- Copyright claims and defenses
- Trademark Enforcement—claims and defenses
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC))—sale of goods, claims and defense
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act—claims, defenses
- Wrongful Competition—use of trade secrets
- Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Claims
- Independent Wholesale Sale Representative Contractual Relations Act
- Sale of Goods, domestic and international; claims and defenses
- Supply Agreements—interpretation and enforcement
- Fraud Claims
- Commission disputes; nonpayment of commissions
- Distributorship Agreements, claims and defenses
Follow this link to find some examples of Commercial Litigation Matters.
Internal Business Disputes
- Business disagreements and breakups due to conflicts among owners—corporations, limited liabilities, partnerships
- Corporate Directors, Officers, Shareholders—rights, duties, liabilities, claims
- Partnership Obligations—rights or partners
- Oppression of Minority Owners
- Corporation Governance Disputes
- Corporations-Derivative Claims
- Multigenerational ownership; negotiation and resolution of disputes
- Valuation Disputes
Follow this link to find some examples of Internal Business Disputes.
- Purchase and Sale disputes; non-disclosure;
- Broker/agent misconduct
- Eminent Domain; Inverse condemnation
- Homeowners Associations (HOA) disputes; Davis-Stirling Act
- Landlord Tenant—claims of tenants for abatement, retaliation, remediation, repairs
- Leases, Commercial, Industrial, Residential—claims and defenses
- Property Line Disputes
- Trespass and encroachment
- Health and Safety Code Receiverships–defense
- Mechanic’s Liens—enforcement, defenses
- Eviction and Unlawful Detainer—representing tenants and landlords
Follow this link to find some examples of Real Estate Litigation Matters.
State Court Appeals
Federal Court Appeals Appeals—U.S Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
Follow this link to find some examples of our successes with Appellate Cases.